Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, simple rice porridge. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
As a simple rice porridge, congee is an excellent way to take advantage of the grain’s health benefits. Congee is a good source of carbohydrates and protein with nearly no fat or sugar, and the high water content is hydrating Congee has been a staple in Chinese diets for centuries, and it has played an integral role in traditional Chinese medicine. Stir together water, rice, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large saucepan.
Simple rice porridge is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Simple rice porridge is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook simple rice porridge using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple rice porridge:
- Make ready 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- Prepare 1 tbsp oil (optional)
- Make ready 1 cup cooked rice
- Make ready water
- Make ready 1/4 tsp dashi powder or ½ chicken broth cube
- Get 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- Prepare 1 egg (optional)
Then I spoon the porridge into a bowl and add about a teaspoon each of fish sauce and soy sauce, then taste and add more of either until the rice reaches my desired level of salt and umami; I find. Gluten Free Buckwheat and Rice Porridge Casey the College Celiac. chia seeds, rice, mashed banana, buckwheat flakes. Cream of Rice Cereal (Rice Porridge) Whole New Mom. Making a good Cantonese rice porridge (also called rice congee) required patience and the right technique.
Instructions to make Simple rice porridge:
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan under medium heat until hot but not smoking. Sauté the garlic for one minute. You can skip this step for a lighter flavoured porridge.
- Add the rice and just enough water to cover it. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add dashi powder/chicken broth cube, stir until it dissolves. Stir in soy sauce. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Optionally, add an egg, stir it into the porridge and let it poach. Serve hot.
This article outlines how to prepare the silkiest and most comforting Cantonese style porridge. This rice porridge is the breakfast and lunch staple in many Asian countries and serves in Dim Sum restaurants (they call it as jook in Cantonese) as one of the delicacies. In a saucepan, combine rice, milk, dates, cinnamon, and a pinch of kosher salt. Serve, topped with berries, apple, almonds, and a drizzle of honey. Simple but so hearty and comfortable.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food simple rice porridge recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com