Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, my family’s oden hot pot. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
My Family’s Oden Hot Pot is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. My Family’s Oden Hot Pot is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have my family’s oden hot pot using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make My Family’s Oden Hot Pot:
- Take Eggs
- Prepare Wiener sausages
- Prepare Chicken wings
- Prepare Konnyaku
- Prepare Daikon radish
- Take Mochi kinchaku
- Get Atsuage
- Prepare Meatballs
- Make ready Your favorite fish cakes
- Take Chikuwa
- Make ready Hiraten flat fish cakes
- Make ready Fried fish cake with burdock root
- Take Tri-coloured fish cake balls
- Take Oden soup
- Get Water
- Prepare Usukuchi soy sauce
- Take Sugar
- Make ready Mirin
- Prepare Sake
- Get Salt
- Make ready Japanese dashi stock powder sachets
- Make ready (to taste)! Love
Instructions to make My Family’s Oden Hot Pot:
- Boil the eggs and peel the shells.
- Slice the daikon radish to 3 cm and round off the edges. Make crisscross incisions on the surface (for the soup to absorb easily).
- Transfer the daikon to a plate and sprinkle water over with your hand. Cover with cling film loosely and microwave for 8 minutes (this process is for parboiling).
- Make rough incisions with a fork on the surface of konnyaku, following “Yusu’s” instructions. She’s a genius.
- Punch the konnyaku surface with your fist (to soften and let it absorb more soup). Do not punch too far though.
- Cut the konnyaku like this and blanch quickly (to get rid of its particular smell).
- Make incisions on the chicken wings.
- Put the chicken wings under the grill. I like them, so I use a lot.
- Brown like this. The excess fat will drip off.
- Put all the fish cakes in a colander. There should be a lot.
- Pour hot water to drain excess oil. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Arrange the prepared ingredients in a large pot and add the dashi stock sachets (put the mochi kinchaku in last because it’s very soft).
- After 10 minutes, take out the dashi stock sachets. You can use dashi stock powder. In that case, use just one sachet.
- After bringing to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer slowly for 1 hour. Add the mochi kinchaku just before serving.
- Skewered octopus is nice for this hot pot. My children love them when they are tender.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food my family’s oden hot pot recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com