Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, my family’s kansai-style oden hot pot. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
My Family’s Kansai-style Oden Hot Pot is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. My Family’s Kansai-style Oden Hot Pot is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook my family’s kansai-style oden hot pot using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make My Family’s Kansai-style Oden Hot Pot:
- Make ready Broth:
- Take Water
- Take Sake
- Make ready 〇Sardine or bonito dashi stock granules
- Take 〇 Kombu tea or kombu based dashi stock granules
- Make ready 〇 Usukuchi soy sauce
- Prepare 〇 Soy sauce
- Make ready 〇 Mirin
- Make ready heaping tablespoon 〇 Sugar
- Get Ingredients:
- Make ready Daikon radish
- Get pieces Atsuage
- Take Eggs
- Make ready Drumsticks or chicken wings
- Take tubes Chikuwa for the broth
- Prepare Hiraten – oval fish cakes
- Get Goboten – fish cakes wrapped around a burdock root
- Make ready Konnyaku
- Get Ready-made beef tendon
- Get Octopus Legs
- Take ☆Wiener sausages
- Prepare ☆Potatoes
Instructions to make My Family’s Kansai-style Oden Hot Pot:
- Our family’s oden is filled with lots of ingredients, like this.
- Round the edges of the daikon radish and score it crosswise.
- Peel the potato skins and soak in water.
- Pour boiling water over the atsuage to drain excess oil.
- Score the konnyaku like this. Cut it however you would like and parboil.
- Boil the eggs. Skewer the octopus and sausages. Cut the chikuwa in half.
- In a large pot, add the water, sake, and the chicken. Turn on the heat. When it comes to a boil, remove the scum.
- Add the 〇 ingredients for the broth. I made the broth to be about 60% of the pot. Add all of the ingredients except the ones marked. It’s filled to the brim.
- If the broth seems like it’s going to overflow, transfer to a separate bowl. This time, I made about 15 ladles full. You can use it later.
- Cover lightly with aluminum foil as a lid and simmer for about 40 minutes. There are a lot of ingredients, so make sure the broth doesn’t overflow and pay attention to the heat.
- While it’s simmering, put the potatoes in a small plastic bag and microwave for about 5 minutes. Leave in the bag.
- When 40 minutes has passed, add the potatoes, sausage and leftover broth. Boil for another 30 minutes. Cover the potatoes with the hiraten.
- Turn off the heat and let the flavors penetrate. In our house, I make it in the morning and we eat it for dinner.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food my family’s kansai-style oden hot pot recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com