Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, okonomiyaki. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Okonomiyaki is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Okonomiyaki is something that I have loved my entire life.
Okonomiyaki (literally means ‘grilled as you like it’) is a savory version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, meat/ protein and topped with a variety of condiments. Okonomiyaki o-konomi-yaki is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients. The name is derived from the word okonomi.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have okonomiyaki using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Okonomiyaki:
- Prepare Plain Flour OR Self Raising Flour
- Take Water
- Take Eggs
- Get Salt
- Prepare Dashi Power *optional
- Prepare Cabbage
- Prepare *Add as much as you like if you can combine with the batter
- Get Thinly Sliced Pork Belly
- Make ready Okonomiyaki Sauce
- Get Japanese Mayonnaise
- Prepare Katsuobushi *optional
- Make ready Aonori *optional
- Make ready Benishoga (red pickled ginger) *optional
- Make ready
- Take Ham, Seafood, Sausage, Cheese, Bacon, Onion, Spring Onion, Bean Sprouts, Mushrooms, etc
Okonomiyaki – Japanese savoury pancake containing loads of shredded cabbage topped with egg, meat and bonito flakes. Eat with sweet sauce and mayonnaise! Okonomi means “how you want it,” and an okonomiyaki is one of the world’s most infinitely adaptable dishes. The shredded or chopped cabbage in the base is a given, but beyond that, you can add.
Steps to make Okonomiyaki:
- Make batter by mixing the Flour, Water, Eggs, Salt and Dashi Powder. Add shredded cabbage to the batter and mix it well.
- Oil a barbecue hotplate or a frying pan and cook pork on both sides. – * If you choose to use a filling such as seafood, ham or cheese that doesn’t have to be as well cooked as pork does, you can simply mix these ingredients in with the batter and cabbage mix instead of cooking them first.
- Pour the cabbage mixture over the pork pieces to form pancakes. When the edge of the pancake has set, flip the pancakes over, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until all the batter is cooked. You may turn the pancakes over a few times while cooking.
- Place the pancake on a plate with the pork on the top. Dress with Okonomiyaki Sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise, and sprinkle with Katsuobushi and Aonori. Benishooga (pickled ginger) also goes well with this as a topping.
Okonomiyaki – お好み焼き – is a savory Japanese pancake made with a light but substantial batter You see, okonomiyaki has a tradition of being topped with okonomi sauce, Japanese mayonnaise. With a history as rich as its flavor, Japan’s “pancake/pizza/crepe/omelette” will fill you up and ensure you come back for more. Okonomiyaki (���D�ݏĂ�) is a popular pan-fried dish that consists of batter and cabbage. Selected toppings and ingredients are added which can vary greatly (anything from meat and seafood. Okonomiyaki(お好み焼) is a Japanese cabbage-based savory pancake. “Okonomi（お好み）” literary means “Whatever How to make Okonomiyaki!!!!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food okonomiyaki recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com