Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, homemade pita bread and pockets. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Is it worth making pita at home? Store-bought pita (like store-bought sandwich bread) is often several days old. Warm, fragrant home-baked pita is obviously superior, and there’s a bit of a thrill when the breads puff up in the oven.
Homemade pita bread and pockets is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Homemade pita bread and pockets is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook homemade pita bread and pockets using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade pita bread and pockets:
- Prepare 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Take 1/2 cup wheat flour
- Make ready 1 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Prepare 1 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare 1 teaspoon dry active yeast or fresh yeast
- Take For pita packet
- Make ready For stuffing
- Make ready 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Prepare 1 small finely chopped capsicum
- Get 1 small finely chopped onion
- Get 1 small deseeded chopped tomato
- Make ready 1/4 cup boiled American corn kernels
- Get 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- Take 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
- Take 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Get 1 teaspoon oregano
- Make ready 1-2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Get 1 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- Prepare 1 cube grated cheese
- Prepare Other ingredients
- Make ready 4 tsp Pizza sauce
- Prepare As needed Butter
Making your own pita bread is such a smart thing to do. Bread is always the same…mix, rise, shape, bake with maybe a few twists and turns along the way. Once you make this soft and chewy homemade Pita Bread that puffs like a Balloon creating beautiful pockets for your falafels, veggie fillings and hummus, you would never even look at the store-bought pita bread anymore. After making pita bread at home, you won’t ever want store-bought pita ever again!
Steps to make Homemade pita bread and pockets:
- Dissolve dry active yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water and rest for 7-10 minutes. In a mixing bowl take all-purpose flour and wheat flour. Add salt and oil and mix well. Add yeast mixture and combine well. Add required water and knead soft dough.
- Sprinkle little flour on clean platform surface, turn out the dough and knead for about 5 minutes. (Add little more flour if needed to keep the dough from sticking to your hands). Now coat the dough with oil and put it into bowl. Cover with plate or plastic wrap. Put in a warm place for 2 hours or until it rise to double it’s size.
- After rising gently deflate the dough and divide into 6 equal parts. Shape them into balls. Cover with cotton napkin or towel and rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 200°C. Grease baking plate with oil and sprinkle some flour on it. Now using a floured rolling pin, roll out one of ball into round or oval shape. Put this rolled out pita on baking plate.
- Bake for 2 minutes on one side and then using pair of tongs carefully turn pita and bake for 2 minutes on other side. The pita will puff nicely and should be ready. Take out from oven and cover baked pitas with towel while you work on the rest of other pitas. (My oven can do one at a time).
- For pita packet:- Mix all ingredients mentioned above ‘ for stuffing’ in a bowl. Stuffing is ready. Cut prepared pita into half. Apply some pizza sauce and fill stuffing into. Grill on grill pan by applying butter on both sides till golden and crisp. You can fill stuffing of your choice.
This homemade pita bread is seriously going to change your life. Although it is ideal that the pita bread will begin to puff up and fill with hot air to get the perfect “pockets”, it is not necessary or always expected. This is a recipe for a simple homemade pita bread. Everyone can make fluffy, pillowy pita pockets every time! Instead of buying pita bread, make it yourself!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food homemade pita bread and pockets recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com