Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, sausage gravy breakfast casserole (vegetarian). It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole (vegetarian) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole (vegetarian) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sausage gravy breakfast casserole (vegetarian) using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole (vegetarian):
- Take 3 cans sliced potatoes
- Make ready 2 TBS butter
- Make ready 1/4 C flour
- Prepare 4 C milk
- Take 10 veggie sausage patties
- Get 1 can (of 8) biscuits
- Get 8 eggs
- Make ready 1/8 C milk
- Get 2 +C shredded cheese
Instructions to make Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole (vegetarian):
- Preheat oven to 350
- Fry potatoes with a little oil on med heat until outsides are brown (usually 10-15 min) ** to avoid mushy potatoes, DRY them first! With paper towels, or bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes (or both!)
- Whisk eggs and 1/8C milk in a bowl. (You can use up to 12 eggs if your dish is big enough)
- Over low heat, melt 2 TBS butter in med saucepan, when melted, whisk with flour until little dough-balls form. Add about 4C milk and increase to high heat. Stir frequently, and AS SOON as it boils, drop heat back down to low.
- Meanwhile, microwave veggie sausage patties, just enough to be thawed (If you’re using meat sausage – you need to actually cook it first) (or just try the veggie ones. I use morningstar farms for this – no one knows the difference)
- Chop up (or pulse in blender) sausage and add to gravy. Let cook until gravy starts to thicken. Usually 8-10 minutes. Stir often! It will burn on the bottom! I add a good bit of salt and pepper too.
- Grease casserole dish. Put potatoes on the bottom. Layer biscuits on top of potatoes.
- Pour eggs (and make sure they thoroughly soak through to the bottom of the pan) Run a spatula around the edges to make sure eggs even out. Layer with cheese
- Lastly, pour on sausage gravy!
- I cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes on, 20 minutes off. (It can take less or longer depending on your pan. I use a deep casserole, glass, 9×13.) Just check the middle to make sure eggs aren’t runny.
- Cut into 8 servings-12 servings. Let it cool – the middle will be -ruin your tongue – hot!
- Note about exploding Pirex! There was a wave of more cheaply made Pirex (or the like) – usually with thinner handles or lighter feel – that is notorious for exploding in your oven. (Google exploding Pirex) Varied ingredient temperatures in layers is definitely a trigger for this! Because this has some pre-cooked/hot layers, I stick my well greased dish in the oven while pre-heating to warm it up first. & I let my potatoes & gravy sit for a minute – stirring to release steam-before adding!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food sausage gravy breakfast casserole (vegetarian) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com