Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, carrot and potato gratin. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Carrot and Potato Gratin is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Carrot and Potato Gratin is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook carrot and potato gratin using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Get onions, sliced (not diced)
- Get potatoes, sliced thin
- Prepare carrots, sliced thin
- Take garlic cloves, minced
- Take butter
- Make ready Salt and pepper,
- Get heavy cream
- Make ready Dried thyme,
- Take corn starch
- Prepare shredded parm cheese
- Get mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix)
- Prepare bread crumbs
Steps to make Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used.
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food carrot and potato gratin recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com