Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, arabic maqlooba. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Arabic Maqlooba is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Arabic Maqlooba is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook arabic maqlooba using 23 ingredients and 29 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Arabic Maqlooba:
- Make ready 1 Kilogram Chicken with bones
- Make ready 1 Kilogram Basmati Rice
- Make ready 2 medium sized Potatoes
- Make ready 2 medium sized Carrots
- Take 1 big Capsicum
- Get 2 medium sized Tomatoes
- Get 1 medium sized Eggplant
- Take 2 big sized Onion slices
- Make ready 2 medium sized Onions chopped
- Make ready 1 tablespoon Ginger-garlic paste
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- Get 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Get 1 &1/2 teaspoon Black pepper corns
- Prepare 1 inch long Cinnamon sticks 2 pieces
- Get 2 black Cardamoms
- Prepare 1 small piece of Nutmeg(Jaifal)
- Take 1 small piece of Mace (Javitri)
- Prepare 3-4 Cloves
- Make ready 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Prepare 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- Take 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Get to taste Salt
Steps to make Arabic Maqlooba:
- Clean and cut chicken in big pieces(skin on).
- Clean and slice all vegetables in thin round shape.
- Heat a pan and dry roast together coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black cardamom, black pepper corns, cinnamon stick, nutmeg and mace.
- Grind them together to make fine powder. Keep aside.
- Heat 1&1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a big saucepan.
- Splatter 1 cinnamon stick, cloves and some black pepper.
- Add 2 chopped onions and fry till light golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt and the spice powder prepared before.
- Saute and add 1 litre of warm water.
- When stock starts boiling, cover and cook in medium heat till chicken cooks completely.
- In the meantime heat another non stick pan.
- Add little olive oil and fry the sliced vegetable in batches.
- Keep the fried vegetables in a big dish.
- When chicken are cooked completely, remove the pieces from the stock carefully with a tong.
- Now add the soaked rice to the chicken stock. Add hot water if necessary to cook rice.
- Cook the rice till done.
- Rub cooked chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of soya sauce and 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Fry the chicken pieces with little oil. Keep aside.
- When rice cooks completely, take out half of the rice in a bowl.
- Put the chicken and vegetable pieces over the rice in the saucepan.
- Now arrange the rice kept in the bowl over the layered chicken and vegetables.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and cover the lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes in low heat.
- At the time of serving, uncover and stir lightly with a flat spoon.
- For serving, transfer maqlooba in a greased round bowl and press nicely to set. Try to adjust in such a way that at the bottom of the bowl there should be a layer of veggies.
- Take a big serving plate and invert the maqlooba bowl carefully. Slowly remove the bowl.
- Garnish with some greens and enjoy with any kind of raita or tomato chutney.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food arabic maqlooba recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com