Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chirashizushi (scattered sushi) with salmon and shrimp. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chirashizushi (scattered sushi) with salmon and shrimp using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp:
- Get 510 g white Japanese rice (3GOU or 540ml)
- Prepare 580 ml water (540 ml if using pressure cook)
- Get 4.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- Prepare 2 tbsp sugar
- Make ready 1.5 tsp salt
- Take 4 dried shiitake mushroom (soaked in water)
- Get 40 g carrot
- Take 150 ml dashi stock
- Take 50 ml water (used to soak dried shiitake)
- Prepare 1 tbsp sugar*
- Get 1 tbsp sake*
- Make ready 1 tbsp soy sauce*
- Prepare 1 tbsp mirin*
- Get 100 g lotus root
- Take 2 tbsp dashi stock
- Prepare 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Get 1 tbsp sugar
- Prepare 1 pinch salt
- Get 4 eggs
- Prepare 1 tbsp sake
- Prepare 1 tbsp sugar
- Make ready 8-10 king/tiger prawn (peeled)
- Get 150 g salmon for sashimi
- Take 15-20 mange tout peas
- Prepare 1 sheet Nori (dried seaweed)
Steps to make Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp:
- Cook the rice (https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/4533541-cooking-japanese-rice-with-a-potor-sauce-pan?via=sidebar-recipes). Mix the vinegar, sugar and salt well so they all dissolve, then add to the cooked rice. Mix well and let the sushi rice cool.
- Squeeze the shiitake soaked in water and slice. Peel and slice the carrot in rectangular shape. Heat the dashi and water and add all the * flavoring. Add shiitake, cook for 10 minutes then add carrot. Cook till the liquid is mostly gone. Let is cool. Pick some slices of shiitake and keep them aside for decoration later.
- Peel and cut the lotus root in half, then slice. Soak in water with dash of vinegar. Drain and cook in dashi, vinegar, sugar and salt on mid heat till the moisture has evaporated.
- Boil the mange tout briefly and take them out. Add a dash of sake and pinch of salt and boil the prawns. Slice the mange tout in half diagonally. Slice the salmon.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with sake and sugar. Heat a non stick pan with oil and make a very thin omelette (like crepe). Repeat until the egg is all used.
- Once the omelettes are cooled, stack them on top of each other, cut in quarter, then in thin stripes. Cut the nori in 8th then in thin stripes (with scissors).
- Mix shiitake & carrot with the sushi rice and set it in your plate or bowl. Scatter the nori on the rice. Next, scatter the eggs all over. Arrange the prawn, salmon, lotus root, shiitake and mange tout beautifully(this order is recommended) !
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chirashizushi (scattered sushi) with salmon and shrimp recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com