Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, japanese nikujaga (sliced pork and potatoes). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Nikujaga (Japanese: 肉じゃが) literally means “meat and potatoes”, from two of the main ingredients niku (meat) and jagaimo (potatoes). Here’s Nikujaga with thinly sliced pork belly. Don’t want to miss a recipe?
Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook japanese nikujaga (sliced pork and potatoes) using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes):
- Make ready 450 grams Potatoes
- Get 200 grams Sliced Pork (or Silced Beef)
- Prepare 1 peice Onion
- Take 2 peices Carrot (If you buy Japanese carrot, it’s OK 1 peice)
- Get 1 tbsp salad oil
- Take 150 ml Water
- Get 2 tbsp Suger
- Get 2 tbsp Sake(cooking rice wine)
- Make ready 3 tbsp Mirin
- Take 5 tbsp Soy Sauce
If you go to Japanese grocery stores, you. Nikujaga, or meat and potatoes is an easy comforting Japanese stew made with beef, potatoes and carrots. My quick Nikujaga recipe comes together in under My version of this Japanese comfort food is loaded with melt-in-your-mouth tender slices of beef simmered together with sweet onions, and big. In addition to meat and potatoes, sliced onions and carrots are the minimum ingredients to make nikujaga.
Instructions to make Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes):
- Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces, soak them in water and drain.
- Peel the first 2 layers off the halved onion and cut into 7 to 8 mm wedges. Cut the carrot into small bite-size pieces.
- Cut the sliced pork 5 to 6 cm.
- Heat te salad oil and add the potatoes. When the potato eadges become transparent, add the onios and carrots. Give the oil time to absorb the flavor, and then add the pork.
- When the meat begins to chane color, sprinkle the 2 tbsp Sake and add 150 ml Water. Turn the heat to high.
- When it boils, turn the heat to medium and carefully reomove the scum. Add the 2 tbsp Suger, 3 tbsp Mirin and 5 tbsp Soy Sauce in thar order, and stir once.
- Put in a drop lid and cover with the frying pan lid. Simmer and stir occasionally for 15 miniutes until liquid is almost gone.
- Natire’s Nest Brastagi Potatoes Granola (Washed) SG$3.2/kg at FairPrice
- Tradition Shabu Shabu – Pork Belly (Frozen) SG$5.8/400g at Foodie Market
- Chef Yellow Onion – Large SG$1.45/700g at FairPrice
- Pasar Prepacked Carrotes SG$0.9/500g at FairPrice
- Japanese White Suger SG$3.5/kg at DonDon Donki
- Sake- Cooking Rice Wine SG$5~7/500ml at RedMart, Sakuraya, Dondon DONKI etc
- Hinode Hon Mirin SG$4.6/320ml at RedMart
- Soy Sauce – High recommend this soy sauce which is named Yamasa Konbutsuyu – SG$7~9/L at Dondon Donki, Mid Town Mart etc
Often, konnyaku yum noodles called If you can buy sliced beef or pork, that would be the easiest. They are sold at Asian/Japanese butcher and grocery stores. You can also slice a block of. This main dish recipe features sliced beef sirloin cooked with potatoes, and onion in a sauce made with prepared dashi soup, sake, and soy sauce. All Reviews for Nikujaga (Japanese-style meat and potatoes).
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food japanese nikujaga (sliced pork and potatoes) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com