Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, fennel and lentil soup – vegan. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This is a twist on the classic French onion soup with the addition of French green lentils and crunchy fennel fronds. It has such a depth of flavor that will sooth your soul. Stephanie has been into healthy vegetarian and vegan ways of cooking ever since she was a teenager.
Fennel and lentil soup – vegan is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Fennel and lentil soup – vegan is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have fennel and lentil soup – vegan using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Fennel and lentil soup – vegan:
- Take olive oil
- Make ready onion, peeled and chopped
- Take garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Prepare carrot, chopped
- Make ready celery, chopped
- Get fennel bulb, chopped
- Make ready fennel seeds
- Make ready cumin seeds
- Take puy lentils
- Prepare vegan stock
- Take kale- optional
- Prepare juice of 1/2 lemon
- Take seasoning
- Prepare cooked grain eg freekeh, maftoul, giant couscous – optional
It has a wonderfully rich flavor and is so creamy you’ll swear it must actually have cream in it, but nope. This everyday vegan lentil soup is anything but bland. It’s FULL of flavor between the spices, fresh vegetables and even a squeeze of lemon juice at the end. Creamy fennel soup, vegan, gluten-free, healthy, organic and delicious!
Instructions to make Fennel and lentil soup – vegan:
- Heat the oil in a pan (that has a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 10mins until softened.
- Add the carrot, celery, fennel, fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Turn the heat down to low- medium, cover and sauté for another 10-15 mins. Give them a stir now and then.
- Add the lentils and stock. Cover and simmer for 25-30 mins.
- Add the kale. Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the grains if using. Season to taste.
- Enjoy 😋
The recipe harmonizes the organic ingredients, resulting in a tasty soup for any. Thin with a bit of water if necessary, as the lentils will continue to drink up the broth. Add lentils to pan with onions and fennel and simmer on low flame until all liquid is absorbed. Even though this is soup, you still want the freshest stalks of fennel you can find. The best flavor tends to be in the small to medium-size bulbs.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com