Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, california rolls. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
California Rolls is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. California Rolls is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado. Most versions of California Roll include crab and avocado. Although I prefer using real crab meat, if you don’t have access to fresh seafood, imitation crab (a.k.a. surimi) will do in a pinch.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have california rolls using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make California Rolls:
- Make ready 6 cups sushi rice
- Take 9 Oz cooked crab meat
- Prepare 6 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- Take 1/2 English cucumber
- Get 2 avocados
- Make ready 1/2 lemon
- Make ready 8 sheets Nori (Seaweed)
- Make ready 1/4 cup white sesame seeds (roasted)
- Prepare for toppings :-
- Prepare Ikura (Salman roe)
- Prepare Tobiko(flying fish roe)
- Prepare Vinegar water for dipping hands(Tezu)
- Take 1/4 cup water
- Take 2 tsp rice vinegar
On a rolling mat, place one sheet of nori with the rough side facing upwards. Wet your hands and grab a handful of rice and place it on the nori. California Rolls – American-Style Sushi Rolls. Making California Rolls at home is easy to do.
Steps to make California Rolls:
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Prepare the feelings. Combine the crab meat with Japanese mayonnaise and mix together
- Cucumber- peel and remove seeds and cut into thin long strips same length as the Nori sheet
- Avocado – peel pit and cut into 1/4″ thick slices squeeze the lemon juice over the avocados to prevent Browning.
- Nori sheet – cut off 1/3 and use 2/3 of nori.
- Cover the bamboo mat with plastic wrap and prepare vinegar water for dipping hands
- Lay a nori sheet Shiny side down on the bamboo mat. wet your hands with Teju and spread one cup of rice evenly on to the Nori sheet
- Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds or Tobiko
- Turn the Nori sheet over so that the rice is facing down. line the edge of Nori sheet at the bottom of the bamboo mat. place the cucumber crab meat and avocado at the bottom of the Nori sheet
- Grab the bottom edge of the mat while keeping the filling in place with your fingers roll it into a tight cylinder tucking the filling in firmly
- Lift the edge of bamboo mat slightly and roll it farward while keeping gentle pressure on the mat
- Now Sprinkle ikura on the roll
- With the very sharp knife cut each roll in half and then cut each half into three pieces. Remember to clean the knife with the samp cloth after every few cuts.
I did a large amount of reading on how to make sushi rolls before attempting my first ones. The origin of the California roll is highly debatable. Some say it was invented in Los Angeles, while others claim it was actually invented in Canada. What’s consistent is that this is an inside-out sushi. California roll is one of the most popular sushi recipes in the United States.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food california rolls recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com