Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, greek pita bread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Plenty of Pita Bread to Choose From. A traditional recipe for pita bread comes straight from a Greek restaurant. The secret to the most tender, freshest pitas is to let the dough sit after forming to relax the gluten.
Greek pita bread is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Greek pita bread is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have greek pita bread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek pita bread:
- Prepare 160 ml milk (room temperature)
- Prepare 80 ml water (room temperature)
- Get 1 tsp white granulated sugar
- Take 7 g yeast
- Get 2 tbsp olive oil
- Take 340 g strong white bread flour
- Get 1 tsp salt and pepper mix
- Make ready 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
Continue to add flour stirring until the mixture becomes dense enough to be worked on a wooden board. Greek Pita Bread How To Make Pita Bread. Whisk all ingredients except flour in a mixing bowl. Then gradually incorporate the flour into the mixture while mixing with your hands.
Steps to make Greek pita bread:
- Combine the sugar, yeast, water and milk in a bowl. Set the bowl aside for 10 minutes. Wait for the mixture to start bubbling.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, salt and chopped fresh thyme leaves. Mix thoroughly.
- Add olive oil to the yeast mixture before slowly combining with the flour mixture. Use stand mixer or knead by hand until dough is smooth.
- Brush or spray bowl with oil and add the dough. Sprinkle some flour over the top and leave for 60 minutes to prove. Cover with a tea towel or similar. It should double in size.
- Cut dough into 6 equal portions, approximately 100g in size. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until approximately 30cm in size.
- Pizza oven and frying pan fundamentals are the same – cook each size for 1-2 minutes, watching as the puff up slightly. Turn when a golden brown colour. Don’t allow to go too dark in colour.
You may need to add a bit more or less flour as needed. It depends on how “strong” is the flour as we are using bread flour in this recipe. Traditional Greek pita bread does not have a large packet, they look like the ones in my pics. Trust you will no regret making these, pockets or no pockets! Thanks for sharing at Tasteful Tuesdays!
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food greek pita bread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com