Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, for osechi and special occasions: vibrant red and white vinegar-pickled lotus root. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
For Osechi and Special Occasions: Vibrant Red and White Vinegar-Pickled Lotus Root is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. For Osechi and Special Occasions: Vibrant Red and White Vinegar-Pickled Lotus Root is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook for osechi and special occasions: vibrant red and white vinegar-pickled lotus root using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make For Osechi and Special Occasions: Vibrant Red and White Vinegar-Pickled Lotus Root:
- Take piece Lotus root
- Get Food coloring (red)
- Get Seasonings:
- Make ready Dashi stock
- Prepare Sugar (white castor sugar)
- Make ready Vinegar
- Take Usukuchi soy sauce
- Make ready Salt
- Make ready two pinches Kombu tea (powdered)
- Get Dried chili peppers (sliced into rounds)
Instructions to make For Osechi and Special Occasions: Vibrant Red and White Vinegar-Pickled Lotus Root:
- Peel the skin from the lotus root with a peeler, etc., along the shape of the root. Cut notches into it for decoration, and then slice to about 3 mm thick pieces.
- If you have some spare time or won’t be cooking these for some time, let them sit in vinegar water for a bit.
- Add all of the seasonings to the pot except the chili pepper and bring to a boil. Add the lotus root and simmer until the pieces are cooked, but still maintain their crunchy texture.
- Add the chili pepper while still hot, and soak half the batch in vinegar water from Step 2 with red food coloring added to it (as much as you want). Let cool. The color will set in about 30 minutes.
- Arrange on your favorite plate, and it is ready!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food for osechi and special occasions: vibrant red and white vinegar-pickled lotus root recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com