Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, japanese nikujaga (sliced pork and potatoes). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook japanese nikujaga (sliced pork and potatoes) using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes):
- Make ready 450 grams Potatoes
- Make ready 200 grams Sliced Pork (or Silced Beef)
- Prepare 1 peice Onion
- Prepare 2 peices Carrot (If you buy Japanese carrot, it’s OK 1 peice)
- Make ready 1 tbsp salad oil
- Make ready 150 ml Water
- Prepare 2 tbsp Suger
- Get 2 tbsp Sake(cooking rice wine)
- Prepare 3 tbsp Mirin
- Make ready 5 tbsp Soy Sauce
Steps to make Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes):
- Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces, soak them in water and drain.
- Peel the first 2 layers off the halved onion and cut into 7 to 8 mm wedges. Cut the carrot into small bite-size pieces.
- Cut the sliced pork 5 to 6 cm.
- Heat te salad oil and add the potatoes. When the potato eadges become transparent, add the onios and carrots. Give the oil time to absorb the flavor, and then add the pork.
- When the meat begins to chane color, sprinkle the 2 tbsp Sake and add 150 ml Water. Turn the heat to high.
- When it boils, turn the heat to medium and carefully reomove the scum. Add the 2 tbsp Suger, 3 tbsp Mirin and 5 tbsp Soy Sauce in thar order, and stir once.
- Put in a drop lid and cover with the frying pan lid. Simmer and stir occasionally for 15 miniutes until liquid is almost gone.
- Natire’s Nest Brastagi Potatoes Granola (Washed) SG$3.2/kg at FairPrice
- Tradition Shabu Shabu – Pork Belly (Frozen) SG$5.8/400g at Foodie Market
- Chef Yellow Onion – Large SG$1.45/700g at FairPrice
- Pasar Prepacked Carrotes SG$0.9/500g at FairPrice
- Japanese White Suger SG$3.5/kg at DonDon Donki
- Sake- Cooking Rice Wine SG$5~7/500ml at RedMart, Sakuraya, Dondon DONKI etc
- Hinode Hon Mirin SG$4.6/320ml at RedMart
- Soy Sauce – High recommend this soy sauce which is named Yamasa Konbutsuyu – SG$7~9/L at Dondon Donki, Mid Town Mart etc
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food japanese nikujaga (sliced pork and potatoes) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com