Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, shepherd’s pie for christmas or a party. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherd’s Pie for Christmas or a Party is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Shepherd’s Pie for Christmas or a Party is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherd’s pie for christmas or a party using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd’s Pie for Christmas or a Party:
- Take 3 Potatoes
- Get 3 cm Carrot
- Make ready 1 Green pepper
- Make ready 1/2 Onion
- Get 200 grams Ground pork (or beef, or a mixture of pork and beef)
- Get 1 tbsp Vegetable oil (for sautéing)
- Take 1 dash Salt and pepper
- Prepare 2 squares Beef stew roux (store-bought)
- Take 2 tbsp Water
- Take 2 tbsp Margarine or butter
- Take 100 ml Milk
Instructions to make Shepherd’s Pie for Christmas or a Party:
- Mince the onion, carrot, and green pepper. Heat some vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté the onion, ground meat, carrots, and green pepper in that order. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the beef stew roux.
- Once the ingredients from Step 1 are cooked, add 2 tablespoons of water and the stew roux from Step 2, then sauté until the roux is dissolved.
- Peel the potatoes, roughly chop them up and boil until tender. Drain the potatoes, put them back in the pot, and cook off the excess water. Mash them with a potato masher.
- Add and mix the butter into the potatoes from Step 4.
- Pour the milk into the potatoes from Step 5 and mix until smooth.
- In a heat-proof container, add a half portion of the meat mixture from Step 3. Add a half portion of the mashed potatoes on top and spread it over the meat.
- Repeat the Step 7 procedure by adding another layer of meat, and then another layer of mashed potatoes on top. Use the back of a fork to draw lines on the surface.
- Bake it in the oven at 200℃ (392 F) for 35-40 minutes until the top is browned. (Alternatively, it should take about 15-20 minutes at 250℃ or 482°F.
- This dish is delicious fresh out of the oven. Once it gets cold, you can microwave it and it will be delicious. It is good in a lunch box, too.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food shepherd’s pie for christmas or a party recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com