Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, delicata squash shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have delicata squash shepherds pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie:
- Take 4 small delicata Squash, cleaned and cut in cubes
- Get 2 cups, water
- Make ready 1 cup cooked mashed potatoes
- Take 1 vegan chicken bouillon cube
- Get 2 cups cooked red lentils (or any lentil of your choice)
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup each of chopped celery, onions and carrots
- Make ready 1 can tomato sauce, 8oz
- Take 1 cup thinly sliced green chard
- Get 1-2 tbsp Badia Mediterranean Blend
- Take 3 crushed garlic cloves or 1tbsp of ajo
- Make ready 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Make ready 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Prepare to taste Salt/pepper
Instructions to make Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie:
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Stir and cook for about 10-11 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the green chard and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add the lentils, liquid smoke, mediterranean seasoning and tomato sauce to the veggies. Add another tbsp of coconut oil to keep the food from sticking to the pan. Cook for another 7-9 minutes. Set aside
- Clean and cube the squash. In small pot, put in the squash, water and bouillon then cook for approx. 20-30 minutes on medium heat. Check the squash with a fork. If it’s soft enough to go thru the fork then it’s ready. When it’s ready pour half of the liquid out of the pot. Add the cooked mashed potatoes to the squash then start to mash the ingredients together. When it becomes a smooth mixture, stir until fully blended.
- Take a 8″or 9″ casserole dish and add the veggie mix to the dish. Evenly spread the mix throughout the dish. Take squash/potatoe mashed mix and put on top evenly coating the dish. Set oven to broil. Broil the dish for 10-15 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Bon Appetite!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food delicata squash shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com