Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, buttermilk biscuits. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Buttermilk Biscuits is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Buttermilk Biscuits is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Get Buttermilk Biscuits, groceries & more delivered to your door. Convenient delivery when you want it. Get groceries, electronics, toys & more delivered.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook buttermilk biscuits using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Make ready 2 cup Flour (all purpose)
- Take 1 tbsp Baking powder
- Take 1 tsp Table salt
- Take 1 tbsp White sugar
- Get 1/3 cup Cold butter (cubed)
- Get 1 cup Buttermilk
- Take 1 tsp Baking soda
The instructions below are precise for a reason and should be followed as written. Generously brush the tops of biscuits with buttermilk. But I also love them smeared with strawberry jam or covered in country gravy loaded with spicy pork sausage. Sift flour and baking soda together in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a knife or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Instructions to make Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a bowl or food processor combine flour, baking powder, salt, white sugar and baking soda
- Sift ingredients with a whisk till fully combined. If using a food processor pluse 2 or 3 times to incorporate.
- Add butter and combine with flour using a fork. pulse with your food processor till the dry mix looks like small grains of cornmeal
- Add buttermilk stirring till dough forms.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead 5 times. Then form or roll dough to 1 inch. Use a 2″ biscuit cutter or drinking glass dipped in flour and place on ungreased cookie sheet. brush with melted butter and bake for 15 minutes or untill golden brown.
Make a well in the center of the mixture and stir in buttermilk until a soft ball forms. This recipe came from my great-great-grandmother, and was handed down to all the women in my family, and we are all Southern. I am the first one to commit the sin of using a food processor (lol) but I find it works very well. I would put these biscuits up against anyone’s – they are perfect in every single way. This is my go-to biscuit recipe for biscuits and gravy!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food buttermilk biscuits recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com