Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, honey whole wheat bread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Honey whole wheat bread is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Honey whole wheat bread is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Get Honey Wheat Bread, groceries & more delivered to your door. Convenient delivery when you want it.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have honey whole wheat bread using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Honey whole wheat bread:
- Get 2 packages regular active dry yeast
- Take 1/4 cup warm water (105° F to 115°F)
- Prepare 1/2 cup honey
- Get 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Take 3 teaspoons salt
- Take 2 1/2 cup salt
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups red fife home milled flour
- Prepare 1 tbls wheat gluten
- Make ready 1 tsp distalt powder
- Make ready 2 3/4-3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
Honey adds flavor and sweetness to the bread but is also a food source for the yeast to feed on. Whole Wheat Flour is the main structure for the bread. When wheat flour is combined with water and kneaded, a strong gluten structure is formed. This creates the chewy texture of the bread.
Instructions to make Honey whole wheat bread:
- In a small bowl dissove yeast in 1/4 cup water. In a large bowl, mix honey, butter, salt, and the very warm 2 1/2 cups water. Cool 5 minutes. To cooled honey mixture, beat 393 grams of red fife milled at home flour with electric mixer on low, scraping until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes scraping bowl frequently. Beat in remaining 196.5 remaining red fife flour, and dissolved yeast, vital wheat gluten, and distalt powder.
- With stand mixer fitted with a hook stir in 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour until dough pulls away from side of bowl. Then add 1/2 cups to 1 cup flour and knead for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and springy. Oil large bowl, place dough in bowl turning once to grease all sides. Let rise in warm place for 45 minutes, or until doubled in size, covered with plastic or towel.
- Generously grease or spray with nonstick baking spray 2 (8×4 or 9×5 inch) bread pans. Push dough to deflate, and divide in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each dough with rolling pin into 18×8 rectangle. Starting with one 8 inch side roll dough tightly pressing each time with thumb to seal after each turn. Pinch each end to seal. Fold ends under loaf; place seam down in pan. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Heat oven to 375° uncover dough, bake for 30 minutes,
- Turn down to 350° and bake another 10 minutes.(I like to cover with foil after the first 20 minutes of baking) and i also butter the loaves while they’re still hot. Remove from pans and cool completely for about 1 hour.
Whole wheat flour is also much more flavorful than white flour. Flour a flat surface and knead with whole wheat flour until not real sticky – just pulling away from the counter, but still sticky to touch. We made it with a mixture of whole wheat flour and white bread flour. If you’d like, you can exchange the white flour with whole wheat white flour. Or you can use all wheat flour.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food honey whole wheat bread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com