Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, teriyaki chicken ramen. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Teriyaki Chicken Ramen is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Teriyaki Chicken Ramen is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook teriyaki chicken ramen using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Teriyaki Chicken Ramen:
- Prepare 1 inch ginger (1 inch = 2.5 cm)
- Get 1/4 onion
- Take 1 lb boneless chicken thigh with skin (1 lb = 454 g)
- Get kosher salt
- Get freshly ground black pepper
- Make ready 1 Tbsp neutral flavor oil (vegetable, canola, etc) (for Step 7)
- Prepare 2 Tbsp sake (for cooking)
- Get 1 tsp neutral flavor oil (vegetable, canola, etc) (for Step 10)
- Get Teriyaki Sauce:
- Prepare 1 Tbsp sake
- Get 1 Tbsp mirin
- Prepare 1 Tbsp sugar
- Get 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Get 2 Tbsp water
Steps to make Teriyaki Chicken Ramen:
- Gather all the ingredients. Grate ginger and transfer the grated ginger with juice in a large bowl. Grate the onion in the bowl.
- Add all the ingredients for teriyaki sauce in the bowl.
- Prick both sides of the chicken with fork so it absorbs more flavor. Cut the excess skin and fat and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- You can marinate the chicken for 30 minutes (optional). But, even if you do not marinate the chicken, it works fine too. The chicken teriyaki will still have wonderful flavor.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Remove marinade from the chicken as much as possible. This is important so the chicken gets nice sear mark and won’t end up cooking in the sauce. Place the chicken skin side down, RESERVING the sauce. Use a splatter screen if you have one – it’s pretty neat tool to prevent from splatter especially you cook bacon and oily foods.
- When fat renders and skin is golden brown, flip the chicken and add sake. Quickly cover with the lid and steam cook the chicken over medium low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Open the lid and transfer the chicken to a plate. Wipe off excess grease from the pan.
- Flip the chicken and now skin side is up. Pour the reserved sauce. Cook until the sauce is reduced about half, frequently spooning the sauce over the chicken. Once alcohol from sake and mirin evaporates, sugar crystalizes and the sauce gets thicken. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice into a bite size pieces. Serve on a plate and drizzle the remaining sauce on top.
- For the noodle, cook ramen noodle as per instruction in the package, pour some remaining teriyaki sauce in the noodle, and mix well.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food teriyaki chicken ramen recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com