Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, how to make greek pita bread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
How To Make Greek Pita Bread is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. How To Make Greek Pita Bread is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook how to make greek pita bread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make How To Make Greek Pita Bread:
- Get 6 g Active Instant Dry Yeast,
- Take 4 g Granulated Sugar,
- Make ready 160 ml Whole Milk Room Temperature,
- Make ready 80 ml Water,
- Take 320 g Unbleached All-purpose Flour,
- Make ready 6 g Sea Salt,
- Make ready 1 TSP Za’atar,
- Get Greek Olive Oil, 14g + More For Greasing
Steps to make How To Make Greek Pita Bread:
- In a bowl, combine yeast, sugar, milk and water. – – Stir to dissolve the yeast and sugar. Stir, stir, stir. – – Set aside for 10 minutes or until becomes foamy. – – In a large bowl, add flour, salt and za’atar. – – Mix to combine well. Mix, mix, mix.
- Add olive oil into the yeast mixture. – – Stir to combine well. – – Add the yeast mixture into the flour mixture. – – Combine the mixture well until it becomes a dough. You can do this by hand or a spatula. – – Once it becomes a dough, knead the dough inside the bowl until all the nooks and crannies of flour is kneaded into the dough, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- The dough should be soft, subtle and tacky, but not sticky. It should pass the “window-pane” test. – – If the dough is too dry, add in water, 1 TBSP at a time. If the dough is too sticky, add in flour, 1 TBSP at a time. – – Form the dough into a ball. – – Lightly grease the dough ball with olive oil. – – Transfer back into the bowl.
- Cover with cling film and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size. – – Lightly grease working surface with olive oil. – – Transfer the dough onto a working surface. – – Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces with a weight scale. – – Form each piece into a dough ball.
- While working with 1 dough ball, cover the rest of the dough ball with a damp lint-free kitchen towel. – – Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a round disc with a diameter of 8 inches. – – Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. – – Place the shaped dough into the skillet.
- Air pockets will start to form. – – Once the bottom is lightly charred, flip and cook the other side until lightly charred. – – Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use. – – Repeat the steps for the remaining dough balls. – – You can serve pita with gyros, souvlaki and even hummus. Or you can use them as a wrap or as a sandwich.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food how to make greek pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com